Friday, September 17, 2010

How to see a multi-display near nVidia GeForce 6800 LE?

I purchased a flat panel monitor to use next to my old academy monitor so I can utilize two monitors while working. I purchased a Y splitter for my monitor cable and plug it into one input. I believe the specs on the video card allow for twin monitors, but I cannot get this function to work. What settings do I involve to enable. It does not find this second monitor since I'm plugging it into one input. What needs to transpire to get this piece to work?


Answer:

I suggest buying a DVI-I to VGA adapter, or a DVI-I cable form Radio Shack. Attach one monitor to the VGA port on the nVidia card, and with the adapter, or digital cable attach the other monitor to the white 15pin DVI-I port on the nVidia card. Then contained by WinXP, Display, Settings, monitor 2,(click), Extend My Desktop to this monitor, Apply, OK. Minimize screen, drag to other monitor.
what you have need of is a DVI adapter for one of the monitors to plug into the other input then budge from there. if you want both monitors to show like thing afterwards you'd need another piece of hardware that allows that


No comments:

Post a Comment