Friday, September 17, 2010

How to bump up monitor resolution for Thinkpad T40?

Hi...

I lately got Thinkpad T40 from others but the Monitor' maximum resolution is merely 1024x768. I updated recent video driver to raise it, but it does not work.

Would you please agree to me know how I can raise the resolution?

Thank you


Answer:

Hiya John,



There are 2 ways to do this and you won't approaching either. You could hold a techy upgrade your internal video adapter which means the laptop comes apart. The other preference is to install an external monitor, and if the video adapter is capable you will know how to bump up the resolution when using the monitor only. I do this as my laptop is predetermined to 1024 x 768, but when I disable the screen and attach a CRT I am competent to go to 1280 x 1024.



Sorry, I aspiration the news be brighter.



GOOD LUCK!!
Just looked around on the Internet at the specs. 10x7 is the resolution the T40 is supported at. A 14 screen running at 1024x768 is as worthy as it gets.


No comments:

Post a Comment