Friday, September 17, 2010

How to I connect my laptop to another monitor?

I want to pilfer a computer monitor and hook it up to my laptop to have dual monitors. I believe that my Latitude D820 beside Vista supports it, but I'm not sure what kind of cable to bring,etc.


Answer:

Dave,



Generally speaking, most notebooks, such announcement your Latitutde D820, are capable of displaying to external monitors (a angelic hint is to look at the pay for and check for a connector, often colored blue that looks resembling this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/image:svga_... <1a> or this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co... <1b>.



I looked at the specifications for the D820 on the Dell website, and your computer does support external monitors up to rather giant maxium sizes (depending on which graphics adapter you purchased with the computer) <2>.



If by dual monitors you intended, the built-in display and one external monitor, you're in luck. However, if you want two external monitors, the story is a bit more complicated. The equipped VGA port is powerless of displaying to two external monitors. Matrox does make a slice, DualHead2Go, (the only display adapter manufactuer I know of that make such a part), that can do just that, and is available from online retailers for approximately 150 dollars up to that time tax & shipping. <3><4>



Good luck,

Sabot
Just plug the monitor cable surrounded by to the only port on the vertebrae of the computer that the monitor cable will fit into.



Then follow the directions that came next to your computer on how to enable the other monitor.
the monitor usually brings the cable, which most laptops support. I believe they are VGA cable.
you need a S-video cable you can plug it on the put a bet on or the side of your laptop.


No comments:

Post a Comment