Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How do I bring my CMYK and RGB to meeting up?

I've tried calibrate my monitor's colors and choosing one color profile after another but still too much of a difference. So when I preview my CMYK files they look weird. The whites are brown. Should I reset my white point? How can I fix this?

I'm working on an intel mac beside a flat panel lcd monitor.


Answer:

You can not. CMYK is Cyan, Magenta, Yellow + blacK. RGB is Red, Green, Blue.



You need to convert from one format to another, or use a program that can interpret the files correctly, and not in recent times assume an RGB colour space.
cmyk and rgb can never fully match; the rgb color model is far smaller number restrictive; cmyk only produces the colors that are reproducible via the 4-color printing process using cyan, magenta, pallid, and black inks.RGB can reproduce any visible color.



However, surrounded by the cmyk color model white is represented as c: 0 m: 0 y: 0 k: 0 -- meaning no ink cover to produce white. If your cmyk white looks brown, something is wrong. Resetting your white point may be whats needed, or an adjust to the monitor's color temp.


No comments:

Post a Comment